Picky eating is very normal for children, particularly in toddlers who have a natural fear of new foods. In fact, research shows that most kids get appropriate nutrition regardless of their eating habits. But that may not ease the minds of parents who struggle daily with a picky eater or who worry their child isn’t getting the right nutrition.
In this episode of CHOC Radio, clinical dietitian Jessica Brown and social worker Leigh Volker explain:
- When picky eating is normal and when it is cause for concern
- How parents can make sure their children are meeting their nutritional needs
- Techniques for getting kids to try new foods
- How to make meal times less of a struggle
- Ways to overcome eating problems that remain after a related medical condition is resolved.