Eating disorder books
- When Your Teen Has an Eating Disorder, Lauren Muhlheim, PsyD (2018)
- Anorexia and Other Eating Disorders: How to Help Your Child Eat Well and Be Well (2014)
- Life Without Ed, Jenni Schaefer (2014)
- Brave Girl Eating, Harriet Brown (2010)
- The Body Image Workbook for Teens, Julia Taylor and Melissa Atkins Wardy (2014)
- What’s Eating You?, Tammy Nelson, MS (2008)
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder, James Lock, MD, Ph.D., Daniel Le Grange, Ph.D. (2015)
Eating disorders such as Anorexia and Bulimia can, at times, occur co-morbidly with other mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression. For additional information on mental health conditions that can occur alongside an eating disorder, please visit our other mental health guides.
Find a mental health provider
Check your insurance website or the back of your insurance card.
Explore Psychology Today’s “Find a Therapist” tool.
Call CalOptima Behavioral Health (Orange County, CA).
If your child expresses thoughts of wanting to harm themselves or others, call 9-1-1 or visit the nearest Emergency Department.
Text “NEDA” to 741741
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMA) www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/eating-disorders
National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)