- Sea Otter Cove, Lori Lite, and Max Stasuyk
- A Boy and A Bear: The Children’s Relaxation Book, Lori Lite
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook for Kids, Lawrence E. Shapiro, Ph.D. and Robin K. Sprague
- The Huge Bag of Worries, Virginia Ironside
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation, Kerry Lee MacLean
- Mr. Worry: A Story about OCD, Holly L. Niner, and Greg Swearingen
- Wilma Jean the Worry Machine, Julia Cook and Anita DuFalla
- Is a Worry Worrying You?, Ferida Wolff, Harriet May Savitz, Marie LeTourneau
- The Kids’ Guide to Staying Awesome and In Control, Lauren Brukner
Anxiety books for teens
- Outsmarting Worry, Dawn Huebner PhD and Kara McHale
- The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens, Gina M. Biegel, MA, LMFT
- Anxiety Sucks! A Teen Survival Guide, Natasha Daniels
- A Still Quiet Place for Teens, Amy Saltzman, MD
- The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens, Jennifer Shannon, LMFT and Doug Shannon
- Stress 101: An Overview for Teens, Margaret O. Hyde and Elizabeth H. Forsyth
Anxiety books for parents
- Helping Your Anxious Child, Ronald Rapee, PhD, Ann Wignall, PsyD, Susan Spence, PhD, Heidi Lyneham, PhD, & Vanessa Cobham, PhD
- The Yes Brain, Tina Payne Bryson
- The Mindful Child, Susan Kaiser Greenland
- Parenting Your Anxious Child with Mindfulness and Acceptance, Christopher McCurry, Steven C. Hayes
Anxiety conditions, such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, can often occur in conjunction with other mental health conditions such as depression and eating disorders. For more information on other mental health conditions that can occur co-morbidly with anxiety, please visit our other mental health guides.
If your child expresses thoughts of wanting to harm themselves or others, call 9-1-1 or visit the nearest Emergency Department.
(877) 7CRISIS or (877) 727-4747
Text “HOME” to 741741
Find a mental health provider
Check your insurance website or the back of your insurance card.
Explore Psychology Today’s “Find a Therapist” tool.
Call CalOptima Behavioral Health (Orange County, CA).