Firework Safety Tips
If consumer fireworks are part of your family’s festivities, take a minute to check out these important tips:
- Supervise children at all times. Fireworks should be handled by adults only.
- Buy only state fire marshal-approved (“Safe and Sane”) fireworks, from a licensed firework stand. Police in Orange County will be vigorously enforcing laws against illegal fireworks. You can be fined up to $1,000.
- Only these OC cities allow consumer fireworks: Anaheim, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Stanton, Villa Park and Westminster
- Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks. Spectators should also keep a safe distance.
- Never re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Do not alter fireworks or combine them.
- Point fireworks away from people, homes and cars, and keep away from leaves, dry grass and flammable materials.
- If your family chooses to attend a public fireworks display, please follow the event guidelines on mask-wearing and social distancing.
Check out this video from the Orange County Fire Authority and the Santa Ana Police Department.