We understand that religion and spirituality are very important for healing and hope during times of illness. We are here to spiritually help your family in any way that we can.
- Encourage siblings and other family members to share and discuss feelings and questions related to spirituality and your baby. This may include feelings about suffering, illness, death and dying, a higher power, and the afterlife.
- Talk with siblings and other family members about ways to deal with their feelings about your babies’ illness.
- Arrange for any religious or spiritual practices or rituals (e.g., baptism, music, readings, etc.) that would be comforting to you and your family.
- Arrange visits with spiritual support from your community or from the hospital.
- Help siblings and family members understand how helpful spiritual care representatives can be for support.