We understand that religion and spirituality are very important for healing and hope during times of illness and loss. We are here to spiritually help your family in any way that we can.
- Encourage siblings and other family members to share and discuss feelings and questions related to spirituality and your baby. This may include feelings about suffering, illness, death and dying, higher power, and the afterlife.
- Talk with siblings and other family members about ways to deal with their feelings about your baby’s illness.
- Arrange for any religious or spiritual practices or rituals (e.g., baptism, music, readings, etc.) that would be comforting to you and your family.
- Arrange visits with spiritual support from your community or from the hospital.
- Help siblings and family members understand how helpful spiritual care representatives can be for support.