CHOC is pleased to offer room service meals for our patients.
Meals may be ordered by calling extension 1-3663 (1-FOOD) between 6:30 am and 6:30 pm.
- Everything is prepared when you order it!
- Meals are delivered within 45 minutes of when you order.
- Carbohydrate-controlled (diabetic) meals are delivered to the nurses’ station at the following times:
- Breakfast 7:30-8:30 am
- Lunch 12:00-12:30 pm
- Dinner 5:30-6:00 pm
- All menu items are available any time of day.
- If you are on a modified or special diet, our Room Service Call Center staff will assist you with your selections.
- To help you pick foods that fit your special diet, specialty menus are available on each unit or from Food Services.
Specialty Menus Available
- Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Carbohydrate Controlled (Diabetic)
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Low Fat
- Low Glycemic Index
- Low Residue
- Low Sodium
- Metabolic Low Protein
- Modified Atkins
Parents may also order up to three guest trays per day from room service for $5.00. Breastfeeding mothers can order up to three guest trays per day from room service at no cost.
Information from your child’s meal is used to make sure they are getting the proper nutrition. Please be sure to tell us when an order is for a parent or guest.
Please pay with cash or credit/debit card. Gift cards that may be used in the cafeteria or for guest trays are available for purchase from the cafeteria cashier.