The Developmental Care team welcomes your participation in the care of your baby. Do not be afraid of your baby’s medical equipment, the team is here to help you comfort your baby.
- Participate in cares for your baby.
- Participate in swaddled bathing as tolerated.
- Hold and touch your baby as much as possible. Your touch and smell provide positive experiences for you and your baby. Siblings are encouraged to touch through hand hugs, massages, and kisses.
- Provide a loving hand hug to the baby through containment, as the Developmental team will show you.
- Hold hands.
- Massage your baby.
- Continue using scent cloths/lovey dolls that you can keep with you.