- Mild discomfort and nausea are common.
- Tylenol can be given for discomfort.
- An eye patch and eye shield will be applied after the surgery. Your doctor will
remove this at the follow-up visit the next day or the same day.
- Please follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Use eye drops to help heal the eye and prevent infection.
- Do not apply pressure to the eye when giving eye drops.
- Limited activity can begin the day after surgery.
- Avoid rough play for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Some children may be tired, cranky, or have mild nausea for one to two days.
- Avoid any water in the eye for 2 weeks after the surgery.
- Redness of the eye usually improves in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Your child can return to daycare or school in 2 to 3 days.