- Defiant Children, Russell Barkley
- Parenting Hyperactive Preschoolers, Elizabeth Harvey, Sharonne Herbert, & Rebecca Stowe
- Taking Charge of ADHD, Russell Barkley
- Your Defiant Child, Russell Barkley and Christine Benton
- Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention, Nadeau and Ellen Dixon
- Mindful Parenting for ADHD: A Guide to Cultivating Calm, Reducing Stress, and Helping Children Thrive, Mark Bertin MD
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children, Ross W. Greene, PhD
- Children: The Challenge: The Classic Work on Improving Parent-Child Relations – Intelligent, Humane, & Eminently Practical (Plume), Rudolf Dreikurs and Vicki Stolz
- Putting on the Breaks: Understand and Taking Control of Your ADD or ADHD, Patricia Quinn and Judith Stern
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD, is sometimes diagnosed alongside other mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression. Additionally, ADHD-like symptoms can prompt youth to experience issues with peers, such as bullying. For more information on other mental health conditions that can occur alongside ADHD, please visit our other mental health guides.
If your child expresses thoughts of wanting to harm themselves or others, call 9-1-1 or visit the nearest Emergency Department.
MHSA Suicide Prevention Line:
(877) 7CRISIS or (877) 727-4747
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Crisis Text Line:
Text “HOME” to 741741
Find a mental health provider
Check your insurance website or the back of your insurance card.
Explore Psychology Today’s “Find a Therapist” tool.
Call CalOptima Behavioral Health (Orange County, CA).
National Institute of Mental Health
ADHD Statistics & Information
ADHD in Children and Teens: What You Need to Know
Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry – ADHD Resource Center