- Depressed Child: A Parent’s Guide for Rescuing Kids, Douglas A. Riley
- Help me, I’m sad: Recognizing, Treating and Preventing Childhood Depression and Adolescent Depression, David G. Fassler and Lynne S Dumas
- Raising Depression-Free Children: A Parent’s Guide to Prevention and Early Intervention Kathleen Panula Hockey
- The Childhood Depression Sourcebook, Jeffrey A. Miller
- Lonely, Sad & Angry: How to Help Your Unhappy Child, Barbara D. Ingersoll
Depression often occurs alongside other mental health conditions such as anxiety and eating disorders. For more information on other mental health conditions that can occur alongside depression, please visit our other mental health guides.
If your child expresses thoughts of wanting to harm themselves or others, call 9-1-1 or visit the nearest Emergency Department.
MHSA Suicide Prevention Line:
(877) 7CRISIS or (877) 727-4747
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Crisis Text Line:
Text “HOME” to 741741
Find a mental health provider
Check your insurance website or the back of your insurance card.
Explore Psychology Today’s “Find a Therapist” tool.
Call CalOptima Behavioral Health (Orange County, CA).