October is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month, but parents should remember two things year-round to keep babies safe during sleep: babies should sleep alone and on their backs, a CHOC community educator tells CHOC Radio.
In podcast No. 36, Amy Frias outlines tips for parents to ensure their child stays safe while sleeping:
- How to create a safe sleeping environment
- What to do if the baby rolls onto their tummy
Printable tip sheets with information to keep children safe while sleeping are also available on CHOC’s website.
CHOC Radio theme music by Pat Jacobs.
- 4 water safety tips for a safe summerAs temperatures start to rise and with stay-at-home orders in effect, your family may be spending more time at the pool than ever before. However, many swimming lessons have been ...
- The most common summer injuries that bring kids to the emergency departmentSummertime for many kids and adolescents means the excitement of water activities, fun in the sun and spending as much time as possible outdoors. Yet summer is also known as ...
- Home Safety Tips for the Whole FamilyMost injuries for kids up to five years old occur in or around the home because that is where they spend the most time learning and growing. Keep in mind ...